Our Creative Director, Sally Storey, shares her top garden glow tips in the April issue of InsideOut Arabia, advising how to achieve stunning ambience in a garden.
- Swimming pool usually becomes a natural focus of the garden, and when lit properly it provides a soft, reflective, ambient glow.
- Uplighting the perimeter planting is key as it helps to define the outside space.
- If your interiors are fully glazed, lighting your garden helps you avoid the feeling of living in a goldfish bowl.
- Your exteriors can be an extension of your entertainment and relaxation space. Use a few simple tricks like lighting your table with Waterspring downlights or lighting the trees, to add more drama and mystery to your space.
- Turn your veranda into a spotlight area at night by using downlights to highlight wooden walls. It not only emphasises the texture, but most importantly adds a feeling of cosiness at night.
- Lighting a water fountain will provide a beautiful ambient focal point at night.
- Light your pathways to add depth to your exteriors, which will also help guide your guests along the garden at night.